Mohammed Al Sebayel, MD, MBBS, MPH, FRCS
Professor of Surgery and Consultant of Transplant and Hepatobiliary Surgery
Professor Mohammed Al Sebayel is Professor of Surgery and senior consultant Liver Transplantation and Hepatobiliary-Pancreatic Surgery from Saudi Arabia. with active clinical and academic contribution for 30 years.
His Highest Achievements were:
- Established the Liver Transplant Program at the King Fahad National Guard Hospital, Riyadh in 1993 (first program in the Middle East and developing countries). Immediately following his fellowship at University of Pittsburgh USA.
- Established the Hepatobiliary Unit at King Saud University
- Reactivate and established the Liver Transplant Program at King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Center, Riyadh Saudi Arabia in March 2001 and then start the living donor liver transplant program I November 2002
- Founder of National Donor Promotion Program in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia which achieve outstanding donation rate in collaboration with SCOT.
- Have had more than 109 articles published (nationally and internationally) and have given over 500 presentations
- Founded with Prof. Ibrahim Mustafa ‘The Pan Arab Liver Transplant Society’ 2006 and the president of the society for 2 terms.